Tuesday, February 13, 2018

The Art of Social Media

If you’ve kept up with my blog then you have probably noticed that sometimes I post blogs with some “advice” for using social medias. These tips and tricks have all come from a book I read called "The Art of Social Media" by Guy Kawasaki and Peg Fitzpatrick. I learned things from this book I would’ve never known and have been able to improve my social media platforms from the advice the authors give.


The most useful chapter in this book was Chapter 11: How to Optimize for Individual Platforms. It went through different platforms, such as Twitter, Facebook, Snapchat, etc., and described how to use them effectively to get the attention of users. For example, on Twitter it is important to use graphics, short and unique hashtags and tag people in your tweets. This helps to make them more noticeable and searchable to receive more attention.

Other tips this book offers are how to gain more followers and how to properly respond to comments on your posts. The authors recommend sharing good content that appeals to users and jump onto new platforms. Constantly being on new platforms and linking them to other social medias is a great way to get more followers. The authors also explain that when responding to comments on your posts, more than two negative responses the same person is considered an argument with someone and is not a good idea. When reacting to comments, it is important to stay positive and agree to disagree. People won’t always agree with you and that is OK!


Those are the most helpful tips this book provided me. There are 12 chapters total and is an easy read. I would recommend the book to anyone looking improve their social medias or anyone who interested in the topic in general. After reading this book, I realized that I’ve been going about making my social medias more popular in all the wrongs ways; it was a very helpful and useful read.

No comments:

Post a Comment