Monday, April 16, 2018

Money, Money, Money

Happy Monday to all my blog followers! Today I want to talk about a social media application that has recently been introduced to me: HQ Trivia. If you are wondering what the “HQ” stands for in this title, I have no idea and neither did Google. From what I gathered, the meaning of “HQ” has been a secret that many users have been trying to discover, but haven’t been successful in their investigations. HQ Trivia is unique because it only takes place twice a day, every day, at 3:00 p.m. and 9:00 p.m. and you can win real money from the application.

When signing up for an account with this app, you create a username, choose a profile picture and insert the username of whomever referred you to the app. If someone did not refer you, you may skip that step and nothing will be effected on your account. After those three simple steps, you are ready to start answering questions and making money! You need to make sure to have the volume of your phone turned on and up loud enough to hear the hosts speaking. I will say that some of the hosts can be sort of obnoxious, but sometimes there are celebrity guest hosts. For example, the most recent guest host was Dwayne Johnson. They will talk for a little bit to give users time to access the app and begin playing. The hosts will also read the question, which is helpful because you only have ten seconds to guess the correct answer. The number of questions varies, along with the amount of money that is being given away. Questions can range from 12-15 and the prizes range enough more than that from anywhere between $5,000 and $500,000.

The questions begin as simple, common sense questions and get harder as they go on. Answering questions is where the referrals come into play; when friends use your username as they create their account, it gives you an extra life. This extra life can be used when you answer a question wrong so that you may move on to the next question in hopes to redeem yourself and try again for the prize. If you are lucky enough to answer all the question correctly, you only get the total grand prize if you are the only person to have answered all the questions correctly. If other people also answer all the question correctly, you would then split the grand prize. For example, if the prize was $5,000 and five people won, then you would only actually win $1,000.

The furthest I’ve made in this trivia is to question six. Some of the questions are extremely strange and I’m sure some people win on luck of clicking the right answer. I like to sit in a room with my friends who also have this app, when I can, and we play together and try to help each other out. If I ever win this game and make it on to the leader board, I will be so proud of myself and feel so accomplished. Until then, I will keep playing and guessing random answers until I get lucky enough to win! If you decide to download this application and take your chances on winning money, you can use the referral code "morgansarver" to kick off your account!

1 comment:

  1. I like the idea that HQ has of being a mobile game show, its very convenient and can be played anywhere. I haven't won it but I've come close too! As you may remember, we were on the second to last question and blew it. The worst part was staying tuned just to see that we would have gotten the next question right! Oh, the memories (: Keep me posted if you win any cash!! I love you and wish you the best of luck!!!

    ReplyDelete