Thursday, March 1, 2018

A Day in the Life of Me

I don’t believe in daily routines. If I really did the same exact thing every day, I think I would slowly lose my mind. Besides, how many people are 100% doing the same thing every day? There are, however, some aspects of my day that are consistent and reoccurring throughout the week. I think it’s about time I write about a day in the life of me. Disclaimer: this “daily routine” revolves around the current Spring 2018 semester.

Every morning I wake up in the same bed – duh. More specifically, I wake up every morning next to my boyfriend, Aaron, around 7:00am. We get up, get ready and I take him to work at the Ohio Northern University mail center by 8:00am. If it is a Monday, Wednesday or Friday, I go back to my dorm after dropping Aaron off and really get ready for the day. Once I’m ready, I stop by McIntosh to get some coffee on the way to me 9:00am class in the James F. Dicke College of Business (DCBA). I start the three days of the week with my principles of management class, followed by my career planning class at 10:00am. I then have a break until 1:00pm, so I usually choose to sit in the lobby of Dicke to catch up on homework. Every other week, I have a meeting on Wednesdays at 2:00pm, which consists of working on the development of implementing course assistants in one of the freshman business courses. If it is a Tuesday or Thursday, instead of getting ready in any way, shape or form for class I take a little cat nap after dropping off Aaron at work. I have class at 10:00am and 12:00pm on Tuesdays and Thursdays in the Freed Preforming Arts Center, which is right across from my dorm. The close proximity means I stay in bed until five minutes before class.

Typically, after I am done with classes I will go tanning in Ada. I have only been tanning for a couple of weeks to prepare my pale skin for spring break. If I don’t go tanning, I work on more homework if I have any or I work on my online class I am currently taking. Mostly I am killing time, waiting for Aaron or any of my friends to be done with classes. Whoever is available, I make dinner plan with. Sometimes I go grocery shopping and cook some dinner, but sometimes I get lazy and go out to eat. I don’t necessarily like going out to eat, though; it makes me feel unhealthy. On Thursday evenings, I go to PRSSA meetings at 7:00pm. PRSSA stands for the Public Relations Student Society of America. This group I’ve joined help to expand my network and learn more about my minor, which is public relations. The last aspect of my week that is consistent are my Sunday evenings. Every Sunday evening I have chapter meetings for my sorority, Zeta Tau Alpha, at 8:00pm with executive council meetings beforehand at 7:00pm. As the treasurer of my sorority, I am considered a part of the executive council. Before those meetings, I spend most of the day either being lazy and doing nothing, or being productive and finishing up some homework. There is no in between phase: either strictly lazy or super productive.

In the evenings is when my schedule really becomes inconsistent. I used to have cheer practice on Mondays and Wednesdays, but the season ended so I no longer do that. I also used to cheer basketball games on Saturdays, but that’s also not a thing anymore since the season came to an end. It’s hard to say what I do with my evenings now. Sometimes I have meetings for different things, sometimes I have group assignments to work on or a mentor event to attend for the DCBA, etc. I end my day right back where I started, in bed cuddling up next to my boyfriend and going to sleep for the night – duh again.

My mornings are more consistent than when the evening time approaches. I wouldn’t want every day to be the same so I am grateful to be involved in different things that allow me to meet new people try different things. I am especially grateful to be in a sorority because something new happens every day, which keeps every day unique and interesting. I wouldn’t want to live the same exact day over and over.

2 comments:

  1. Morgan,

    It sounds as if you are a very busy person. Although daily routines are not for everyone, I feel that having a daily routine creates good habits. Something as little as getting up and making your bed can create a sense of accomplishment. Sounds dumb, but I believe the little things like that motivate me to accomplish other tasks throughout the day. I am a very agenda oriented person so I feel like I would be lost without a routine. But, nothing wrong with what you are doing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am in the same boat as you. I take my days as they are given to me and whatever comes my way I just kind of roll with it. I keep my morning routine the same but that's about it. It leads to some excitement because I never really know what's going to happen versus having everything scheduled out.

    ReplyDelete