Wednesday, March 21, 2018

Quotes I Live By

I want to take the time to write about something I think is very important: quotes. Quotes are HUGE because they are everywhere. Everyone has a favorite quote or at least quotes that they like whether they’re from a movie, song, book, etc. I think the quotes we like can say a lot about who we are and typically they correlate with what we believe. So, as you’ve probably guess by now, I will be sharing some of my favorite quotes and why I like them.

The first quote is obvious because it’s right at the top of my blog profile; you scroll past it every time you read my blogs. “Don’t cry because it’s over. Smile because it happened.” A quote by Dr. Seuss that makes me very nostalgic every time I read it. I think we all can agree it’s sad when a good time ends. I’m not talking about a “lit Saturday night” where you got drunk with a bunch of people in someone’s basement. I’m talking about when you go on vacation and are so relaxed you ever want to leave or those summer nights you spend with your old high school friends before you have to leave for college again in a couple of months. For example, I remember bawling at my last cheerleading competition in high school. I was extremely sad that my high school cheerleading career was over because I had put so much time and effort into the sport and I got to be around some of my best friends every day. I was crying because it was all over and I didn’t know what I was going to do. When I think back to that time now, I can’t help but laugh at myself for thinking I would never cheer again; here I am as a second-year collegiate cheerleader living my best life. High school cheerleading was such a good time in my life and although I was sad for it to be over, I smile because it happened. I think this quote is a good motto to go through life and I strive to live that way the best I can.

The next quote I really like is by the one and only Winnie-the-Pooh: “how lucky am I to have something that makes saying goodbye so hard.” This quote is typically credited to A.A Milne rather than Winnie-the-Pooh because he is the author of the books. Graduating high school, leaving my family to come to college, leaving college to go home for the summer…these are all times where this quote has been relevant in my life. We often take the people we love for granted without really meaning too and when you leave those people, things are really put into perspective. I spend a lot of my time at college missing my friends and family at home and I spend a lot of my time at home missing my friends at college. This summer I will be living a constant two hours from someone that I get to spend every day with and that is something I am not looking forward to. Although, I find myself lucky that I have friends, family and a boyfriend in my life that mean so much to me and make saying goodbye as hard as it is. I like this quote because I can relate to it, as I’m many people can.


The last quote I want to share, but certainly not the last one I love reads, “imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.” This quote by Marilyn Monroe is only one of many that I admire from her. This quote is empowering and encouraging because it makes me feel good about being me. My boyfriend loves to tell me how weird I am and how it’s so much better than being normal. I think that’s the point Marilyn Monroe is trying to make. No one is perfect and this quote proves that it’s okay to not be perfect. I think if we didn’t have imperfections, we wouldn’t truly be humans.

2 comments:

  1. Quotes can be such a powerful thing no matter who they come from. I really enjoyed the quotes you shared and I have been inspired. I have a wall of quotes on sticky notes and these are definitely going up there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a notebook dedicated to quotes and whenever I hear something that resonates with me, I always add it to the list. I LOVE Winnie the Pooh, my senior quote was a Pooh quote, so that quote really hit me hard. I think it is so cool that each of these quotes has such a powerful meaning to you!

    ReplyDelete