Monday, April 23, 2018

Spotify Over Everything


If you’ve been keeping up with my blogs, you know that I typically write about my favorite applications I use. Why should this week be any different? Spotify is hands down probably the most used application I have on my phone. I love music, but I especially love unlimited music for just $5 a month. No music is free anymore unless you are listening on the radio. Whether it’s iTunes, Pandora, iHeartRadio or Spotify, you’re going to have to either pay for some music or suffer through advertisements. I’ve used other types of music platforms before and they all are nice for different reasons, but once I discovered Spotify I fell in love and became a loyal user

Creating an account is easy and similar to every other social media platform. You have a username and password, a profile picture, followers, etc. If you choose not to purchase a Spotify premium account, you don’t have a say in all what music plays. You can save songs to your library, but have limited skips just as you do on Pandora. If you do choose to purchase a premium account though, you are not limited to any music, skips or anything. You are free to listen to whatever song, whenever you want.

Spotify and Hulu recently paired up to create an irresistible offer. A Spotify premium account and a Hulu account for only $5 a month. This makes both a Spotify account and Hulu account cheaper than they were originally. This is also cheaper than paying for several songs on iTunes or paying for a premium account on another music platform. This allows gives you access to a cheaper entertainment platform because now Hulu is cheaper than its competitors.

Apple music decided to take a page out of Spotify’s book and now offer unlimited music for $10 a month. While Apple music is more expensive than the Spotify and Hulu deal, consumers who are loyal to Apple or do not want to download a separate application will choose Apple music over Spotify. I am not one of those people. I would rather save money with a separate application than spend more money.

I use my Spotify account every day, several times a day. I love having unlimited music whenever and wherever. I can search for moods, genres, decades, etc. I am able to make my own playlists or search for different ones, which gives me options for whatever mood I’m in. I am a loyal Spotify user and I don’t foresee that changing at any time. 10/10 recommend he Spotify premium and Hulu $5 deal.

2 comments:

  1. I completely agree. I don't think any other app or music provider can ever compare to Spotify. I'm one-thousand percent willing to pay $5 a month to have unlimited, endlessly skip-able music. It has paid for itself ten fold. I'm not sure anything will ever be able to be compete with the fantastic app that is Spotify.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Spotify is definitley the app that I use most on my phone. Having access to nearly any song all at your fingertips is really amazing. I also like that I can download songs to play offline this is really useful for my long drives home through the middle of nowhere midwest where radio stations turn to static very quickly.

    ReplyDelete